High end barber shops with a hipster-chic aesthetic are on the rise, offering clients a luxurious experience that embraces the best of both classic and modern men’s grooming techniques.
“Countless barber shops across America that are combining what’s “classical” and “traditional” about men’s grooming (do not call it “old fashioned”) with a contemporary aesthetic. They appeal to men tired of salons geared toward women or silly trends like the unfortunate “metrosexual” thing of a decade ago,” explains Jay Croft. “These shops all focus on providing a masculine, friendly environment where guys can be guys and no one is embarrassed about wanting to look good. Think Rat Pack, not Boy Band. Snazzy haircuts, beard trims, reasonable prices, plenty of good “guy talk…”
With the recent upgrade in shaving culture, the use of high quality, private label skincare products by barbers is also surging. Today, cutting-edge barbers and barbershops are focused on treating the skin pre and post shave, to provide the ultimate client experience.
The Modern Barbershop Movement
Barber shops have always offered their clients a place to relax, a chance to connect with friends and neighbors, and most importantly, a great shave. Now, today’s barber shops take all of the best parts of the old-fashioned barber experience – and rethink them with a modern twist.
Some hallmarks of today’s barber shop? An updated environment, a desire to provide the ultimate client experience, and a focus on prepping and rejuvenating the skin before and after a shave. One way barbers are accomplishing all of these goals? By using customized, private-label skincare products to protect, refresh, and soothe the face and neck during the shaving experience.
The Customized Experience
Private label skincare products offer huge benefits to today’s barber. Private label products, with customized branding, highlight a barbershop’s personal brand and convey a high-end experience for the consumer. Plus, private label skincare products show consumers that their barber not only keeps up with current grooming trend – but is actually ahead of the curve.
AMP Medical Products understands the needs of modern barbers, and is proud to offer a full range of medical grade skincare products that will help treat users to a first class shaving Experience.
What Sets AMP apart?
- Zero buy-ins
- Low minimums
- Affordable set up fees
- Personalized labels are included in the price of the product
- Smaller purchasing units
- AMP is the premier private label for barbers
“It only felt right that skincare be the next service to add to our luxury experience we offer at Bulls & Bears. For us we wanted a professional grade product with only the top ingredients that offer our clients a great facial and shave experience, but also has benefits. We wanted to make sure we partnered with a company that had it all.”
– Lane Daspit of Bulls & Bears Parlor in New Orleans, Louisiana
Skincare for A Modern Shave:
High quality skincare products can help barbers provide clients with a top-notch shave experience, from the moment they step in the door. AMP offers a full line of products to help prepare the skin before shaving:
GlyGel Cleanser – This 10% Glycolic Gel Cleanser removes pore clogging debris before a shave.
- Eucalyptus leaf oil leaves skin refreshed and PH balanced.
- Our proprietary probiotic and peptide complex acts as an antimicrobial agent.
- Rice/Sacchromycese Lysate stimulates oxygen and combats irritation.
- Perfect for prepping the face before exfoliation.
Enzyme Face Polish Mild Scrub – The perfect exfoliator for sensitive skin. Exfoliation is key before a shave, to help reduce razor burn and bumps.
- This exfoliator is free of spheres and particles, making it an excellent product for all skin types.
- A tropical blend of papaya, pineapple and grapefruit enzymes gently sloughs off dead
- skin to reveal a fresher complexion.
- CBD Oil, the hemp-derived cannabinoid extract, acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory
- and protects the skin from razor irritation.
- Water-binding glycosaminoglycans maintain and support collagen and elastin, to create
- the appearance of younger looking skin.
Smooth Skin: Ingrown Hair Eliminator Pads – The ultimate product for preventing ingrown hairs and taming inflammation!
- Green tea is a powerful antioxidant that unclogs pores before a shave, reducing the chances of ingrown hairs.
- Witch hazel, a natural astringent, helps reduce inflammation and opens up pores.
- Certified organic aloe vera cools and refreshers skin before the shave.
- These pads are alcohol free
Post- Shave Products: Repairing, restorative skincare keeps the skin free from redness, inflammation, and bumps after a shave. AMP offers a full range of skincare products to help protect and treat the skin postshave:
Purity Seeker CBD Oil – This versatile facial oil promotes wound healing, soothes rashes and redness, and boosts hydration after a shave.
- Anti-inflammatory CBD oil reduces puffiness, swelling, and repairs the skin after shaving.
- Sea buckthorn oil is an antiviral healer, and reduces breakouts.
- Flax seed oil is packed with omega-3 fatty acids that improve skin elasticity, texture, and repair cells.
- The ultimate in skin repair!
Brightening C Antioxidant Complex – This innovative serum brightens the complexion and reduces hyperpigmentation post-shave.
- Vitamin C aids in the skin’s natural regeneration process, and helps the body repair damaged skin cells.
- Ferulic Acid, a powerful phytochemical antioxidant, protects the skin by reducing the development of fine lines, spots, and wrinkles.
- An incredible skin restorer.
- Promotes plumper, firmer skin.
Barrier Repair – This restorative lotion helps soothe, calm, and moisturize dry, sensitive skin after a shave.
- Rich in beta carotene and vitamins D, C and E, Barrier Repair reduces inflammation and encourages cell turnover.
- Antioxidant rich olive fruit oil contains essential fatty acids that moisturize dry skin.
- Ginger root extract, a powerful antiseptic, promotes smoothness and evenness of skin tone.
Peptide Hydrator with Colloidal Silver and Jojoba Esters – This clarifying hydrator moisturizes, firms, and illuminates complexions.
- Colloidal Silver offers exceptional antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antiinflammatory benefits, including reducing acne and scars
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 (Argireline), reduces the appearance of wrinkles brought on by repeated facial expressions. Nature’s Botox.
- Copper Peptides promote production of glycosaminoglycans that hydrate the skin.
- Jojoba esters are an excellent emollient and soothe the skin post-shave.
Medishave® – is a clinically proven, dermatologist developed, shaving mousse, that virtually eliminates all traces of skin irritation and razor burn.
- A unique polyethylene lubricating complex reduces physical shaving irritation.
- Salicylic acid ester helps reduce razor burn, along with its blade smoothing technology.
- Menthol, a natural local anesthetic, counters irritant.
- Aloe Vera rejuvenates, heals, and soothes the skin.
- Medishave® is a registered trade mark and exclusive formula of a practicing dermatologist.
LEARN MORE ABOUT AMP’s entire line of shaving products:
To learn more about creating your own private label shaving and skincare products? Call AMP today at 1-844-AMP-SKIN or visit www.ampmedicalproducts.com